Wednesday, February 3, 2010

button button who's got the button

So I ventured bravely out on Sunday -- I was on a mission, the button would not purchase itself, and I've got deadlines!  So risking life and limb, I ended up driving around to 4 stores before finally finding a decent selection of buttons at Hancock Fabricks.  Never mind that it was 20 miles away.  Never mind that the first place I went to, AC Moore, said they didn't even carry buttons!  I was dumbfounded.  Truth be told, I was a little underwhelmed by the selection, but at this point I was getting a little desperate, so I figured my standards had to be lowered.  Here's what I came up with as a set of possibilities:


What did I end up choosing?  I think you'll be surprised.  If anyone's reading, feel free to comment and guess!  I've made a bit of progress since Sunday night, and hope to have a finished sweater tomorrow night (on deadline!)

While out on Sunday, I also stopped by my LYS (it's only taken me 3 visits to declare it mine).  I had picked up a set of square dpns by Kollage last time, and can I just say, LOVE them!

You may not be able to tell from the pictures, but each one is neatly labeled with the company name and size -- both US & mm.  But more importantly, they're squared off -- and it actually makes it really easy to knit off of!  I don't know why this hasn't been popularized yet.  Especially for the smaller size (these are US 2s), I found that I hardly had to dig for the stitch.  So I went and picked up a circular needle in the same family, and will report back once I've had a chance to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment